What To Take To A Campsite? 30 Things You Can’t-Miss In Your Backpack
When you’re preparing to camping, of course, you can take only a tent and backpacking long spork, but it’s better to have a more detailed list that will allow you to quickly and easily check if you carry everything you need with you. Otherwise, you may forget what can make your life easier when you arrive at your destination, so we’ve prepared this simple list that will help you if you don’t know what to take to the campsite.
What To Take To A Campsite According To The Occasion
Of course, you will not need the same equipment if you plan a solo mountain trekking as if you are thinking of a family vacation at a mountain or beach campsite. In the first case, aspects such as the lightness of the equipment and protection against cold or rain will prevail, while in the second case, comfort will be more critical.
In this article, we will include essential things to go camping in any situation. Still, we will also add complementary elements that you may or may not need depending on the type of camping.
Therefore, you must adapt this list to go camping based on factors such as:
- The number of people.
- Type of camping: mountain, family camping, etc.
- Open space or maximum weight you can afford. If you are going to carry a backpack, you mustn’t go excessively charged.
- Time of the year and weather forecast: it is especially important to take into account the temperatures you will face and the prediction of heavy rains or winds, many times, we know what to bring to a campsite, but due to changes in time we can forget essential things.
Camping Equipment For Sleeping
- Tent. It is the essential element when thinking about what to take to a campsite. You must take into account the number of people who are going to use it and whether or not you need extra space to store things inside the store. For two people, there are very light and easy to assemble models that can adapt to almost any situation and climate. In any case, today, you can find reliable and quality tents for all kinds of requirements and budgets.
Keep in mind not to forget the picks, sticks, and rods necessary for assembly. It is also instrumental in carrying a hammer to drive the picks.
- Sleeping bag. It is another necessary equipment to take on a camping trip. To choose it, you must take into account, especially the outside temperature or the time of the year; there are models for all needs.
- Inflatable bed. If you want to enjoy maximum comfort and can afford the extra weight that they imply, inflatable mattresses are an excellent option. In this case, you may need an electric fan. You also have self-inflating mats that take up very little space.
- Pillow. For greater comfort, it is highly recommended to choose a pillow that suits your way of sleeping. To occupy less space, we can always find inflatable pillows.
Especially for a family holiday, the kitchen equipment is an essential element to enjoy a pleasant camping experience. In any case, you must adapt it to the space you have and the number of people traveling.
- Camping gas
- Small fridge
- Kitchen accessories: pot, pan, plates, glasses, and cutlery. For short excursions, it may be sufficient to carry a lunch box.
- Lighter: Although it is one of the necessary elements to take to a campsite, you must always take care of them, especially in the driest environments!
- Garbage bags. It is essential to collect all our waste and leave the campsite in the same conditions in which we find it.
- Bottle of water. Proper hydration is vital to have a pleasant table camping experience, especially in cases of high temperatures or if we do excursions on foot.
Pr Products Hygiene
When we think about what to take to a campsite, it is interesting to have all the necessary hygiene items and products, some of the most essential are:
- Shampoo and gel
- Toothbrush and toothpaste
- Hair comb
This is a vital section when we review the things to take to a campsite. We must take into account especially the weather forecast and the time of year when we go camping. In any case, elements such as a light raincoat or a shoe replacement are essential elements that we will need in almost any situation.
- Warm clothing
- Underwear. It is especially important to pay attention to lingerie, as it is the first layer that goes into direct contact with our body and is essential to maintain body temperature.
- Comfortable shoes
Health And Security
- Necessary medicines, such as aspirin or paracetamol, some antihistamine, a stomach protector, as well as what is needed to cure small wounds or scratches (bandages, strips, disinfectant …).
- Flashlight or lamp. A camping lamp may be essential if you camp in a place without power supply, but even at a campsite, it may be necessary in cases of blackouts due to storms or the like. If you don’t want to depend on batteries, a solar lamp may be the best option.
- Insect repellent or citronella candles, especially in summer and in hot and humid areas. It is one of the accessories that we do not remember when we think about what to take camping
- Canes. For excursions on steep terrain, or just for convenience, a good pair of hiking poles can make your life easier.
- Suncream. Sun protection is essential to protect us from dangerous ultraviolet radiation, especially on the beach or in the mountains. You should keep in mind that even with the cloudy sky, it may be necessary to apply sunscreen.
- Toilet paper
- Photo camera
- Mobile phone and charger. If you expect that you will not have access to the electricity grid every day, it may be advisable to carry a portable battery to recharge the mobile.